Sunday, April 24, 2011

Shocking....I know

I know, I know.....it's been 6 months since I last posted. My computer crashed on thanksgiving day, literally. Jakey decided to cure me of my intense emotional connection to pictures and pull our laptop from the couch to the ground. The painful part was that we had JUST gotten it back the night before from a friend who had cleaned it up and made it good as new. For the next 3 months, I took that darned hard drive to 5 different computer "experts", and no one could recover the files, even with the price tag of $1600. (we didn't have to pay that, but would have if the files were recovered). So we lost an entire year of pictures....JAKE'S entire first year of pictures. Still makes me a little sick to say (write) that out loud! It was a hard blow, and one that I've had a hard time recovering from. It took away all my desire to blog. BUT, if there's one thing I've learned from this whole mess, it's to put your priceless pictures in as many backup places as possible, like facebook and blogs. So, once again, I'm gonna try.

To be honest, my kids are freakin' hilarious, and I need a place that's quick and easy to come and write down and share their funny stories, and voila, my blog. :) It might be totally random, it might make sense...who knows, I may only have 1 person reading this anymore, and that's probably my mother-in-law. :)

stay tuned....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm reading it too =)

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

I keep checking to see if you've updated........It's the closest I'll get to facebook you know :-)
Love those boys!!!! and you too.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home