Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Seriously?!

I say it a lot - why won't kids just play with toys? Is that too much to ask, I mean seriously?!

Whenever you have a lot going on, or you're cooking dinner, or trying to talk to adults, I try my hardest to get the kids to play with their toys. But for some reason, that's when they decide they "have NO toys!" or "I don't like my toys" or "I'm bored!".

We've been spending a lot of time at home lately. Mostly because I'm overwhelmed with stuff and just need time to get things done, and then rest on the couch once some items on the to-do list are checked off.

But today's "whine" was different, and it was more than just a whine!

I was snipping thread on an order that I finished, Jake was napping, and the boys had already watched too much tv for the morning. Eric wandered around, and then started to look weepy. I asked him what was up...

Eric - "I just don't know what to do" tears are becoming a little more inevitable
Me - "What do you mean? Why don't you play with something?"
Eric - "I can't. I just don't know what to play with."
Me - "How can you say that? We have toys everywhere. There's so many things to play with."
Eric - "I know, that's the problem."
now I'm confused....
Me - "What???"
and now he's full-on crying
Eric - "We have too many toys, and I don't have enough arms to play with all of them."

Now, I try to be sensitive to my children's emotions, and I try not to laugh when they are clearly upset over something that genuinely makes them sad, but I couldn't help it......I might have let out a little giggle. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger cherimarie said...

This is awesome! Sounds like something Kai would say. Love it!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger The Morgans said...

That is so cute! He's such a sweetie!!!!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home