Monday, December 07, 2009

Jake Presley

Jake Presley is here!! He arrived Saturday, November 28th, at 9:17pm, measuring 9 pounds 7 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long!
Here's the full story:


We had an induction set for Sunday morning. I had spent all of Saturday timing contractions. They were anywhere from 5-10 minutes apart ALL day long, and were uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call them painful. We wanted to take the boys out before dropping them off at Grandma's house that night where they would be staying while we were in the hospital. When we got to Chuck E Cheese at 4:30, I just didn't feel right, and even told Matt, "This might be a bad idea." But I didn't want to ruin the boy's fun night. So we played, ate pizza, and had a good time, although I felt pretty yucky the whole time. I finally admitted to Matt that I felt like junk, and that I was pretty sure we'd be headed to the hospital, so I really just wanted to go home and rest for a while before making that final decision. So we used the last of our tokens (which took a lot longer than I expected), then had to count up our tickets (which took a lot longer than I expected), and then go cash in our tickets for prizes (which took a lot longer than I expected). As we stood there waiting for the boys to decide on their toys, I started letting them all know that I was REALLY serious now and that we needed to get in the car NOW! The contractions were definitely regular, definitely close together, and definitely uncomfortable.


Once in the car, we started making calls and I was hurting (It was right at 6pm). Matt made the decision (based on my lovely mood), to NOT drive to Mom and Dad's house before going home to get our stuff. Instead, he called Dad to have him come pick up the boys at our house. So we grabbed our stuff, dropped the boys off with our neighbor for a few minutes while they waited for Grandpa, made a few phone call, and then hightailed it to the hospital. I had short labors with both Eric and Nick, so we were given strict instructions to HURRY! Matt had no desire to deliver our baby on a freeway. During our ride to the hospital, my contractions were 2 minutes apart.


We checked in to Labor and Delivery and went to be monitored. At about 6:45pm, I was 4cm dilated and my contractions had spread out to about 4 minutes apart. But by the time we were set up in a labor and delivery room, my contractions were back to about 90 seconds apart. Mom came to be part of our support team, along with my friends Megan and Ann. Matt never left my side (besides a quick trip to the car to get some stuff). He helped me through my contractions and did a fantastic job!!




(a chipper moment during active labor)


I'm not sure what time it was when I asked to go to the bathroom, but once I got back to my bed I just stayed standing....it felt a little better. We labored like that for quite a while, until the nurse asked me to lay in bed so she could check and she if we were dilated any more. By the time I maneuvered myself into bed, the doctor showed up and checked me. I was now at 8cm, and they started setting up the room. It was about 9pm now.





The doctor broke my water and said it was time to start pushing. Matt and the ladies said that pushing only lasted 5 minutes, maybe 6 pushes, and there he was! :)



Yes, he did do a lot of screaming right off the bat, but daddy always knows how to calm his boys down.

So much for having a "peanut" this time around!

Jake had such a strong desire to suck. He took to nursing immediately, and ate for probably 45 minutes. After that, he was sucking on a pacifier and shoved his thumb in the end to make sure it didn't go anywhere. So smart already! :)
Chillin' at the hospital


We tried to do a little photo shoot in his going home outfit, but he wouldn't have it!

Our first stop on the way home was Mom and Dad's to get the boys. We were so anxious for them to meet their new brother. And from the look on their faces when we walked in, they were just as excited.


Our first night at home - the boys just couldn't get enough of their new brother!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Laurinda you looked AMAZING after you gave birth!! Are you sure you went through it??!!!! He is such a cutie and I LOVE all his hair!! Your boys must be in heaven with a new little brother. CONGRATS!!! Hope to meet him soon!! Let me know if you guys do to Dland anytime and I will meet up with you guys!

Tell Matt I say HI and I miss you guys!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Klappyanne said...

Congrats, girl! You guys have such a beautiful family. The looks on the older boys' faces is priceless! Good stuff.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Erin McDonald said...

Ok so I think you could win a beauty pagent in your delivery scrubs after pushing that butterball out! You are so beautiful! And that boy is si adorable! he looks a lot like Nick with the dark hair! so cute! I loved the pictures of all three boys so sweet! I miss you guys and am so blessed to have you as our friends! Love you!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I love how he holds on to his pacifier. He's gorgeous and you look amazing!

--Beth

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home