Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fly on the wall

So I finally started wrapping my Christmas presents...the day before Christmas eve. I was sitting on my bed and the boys were playing on the floor, and playing very nicely I might add. I'm sure they started to forget that I was even close by. After a while, I started listening in to the "game". They were re-enacting their birthday parties. :) When they got to the cake part at Eric's train party, Eric was trying to convince Nick to "be the cake". Nick sort of got it, and he certainly wanted to do it for Eric, but just wasn't sure how. "Just BE THE CAKE, Nick!" said a frustrated Eric. Finally, a compromise was made. "I be the candle", said a proud Nick. So he stood there, tall and still, while Eric sang happy birthday....to himself....and then blew out the candle, which had Nick crumble to the ground in response. Eric then shouted, "TIME TO EAT THE CAKE!" and starting attacking his little brother.

good times! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin McDonald said...

Hey there! I miss you guys! I really miss your guys! Those two are too cute! Eric is going to be an acting coach when he grows up! " Be the cake" that is awesome advice! Any way keep wrapping and remember that Jesus is the greatest gift! And don't forget to tell those precious boys about that most special baby! I love you! See you in March!

3:51 PM  
Blogger A. said...

That is so cute!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Eli's Lids said...

Found you on Cheri's blog. This is the cutest story! I love hearing when kids are playing together. Wrappin presents now... you were one day ahead of me!
http://elislids.blogspot.com/

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home